We’re a boutique brand strategy agency looking for a Full Time Brand Strategist to serve our portfolio of clients at Concept Bureau. As a Brand Strategist on our team, you will be responsible for research, development and final brand strategy deliverables in close collaboration with the team and the client. You will be trained in our research-based frameworks and systems, but we also expect you to be an integral part of helping us improve and expand our approach, which is something we are always doing. More than just building brands, our work directly impacts a client’s product roadmap, operations and org structure, user experience, sales and so on. Our goal is to elevate and push forward the very practice of strategy building for our clients and wider audience.
Who YOU are
If you are someone who needs to know the reason WHY a brand strategy works or doesn’t work then keep reading! The right person for this role is intellectually curious not just about the current culture but about where culture is headed. You need to be obsessed not only with interpreting data and research but with the human behavior behind the research. You have an intimate understanding of brand strategy, culture, subculture, consumer behavior and emerging trends in the market, and just as importantly, you can confidently present them to an executive team. If you are someone who has impactful thoughts, uses your creativity to solve problems, and is addicted to building strategy then we want to hear from you!
In a perfect world you would be based in LA, but we know that amazing strategists are everywhere so you must be able to work within our time zone.
Links to give you a better idea of our thinking and approach:
Some of your Responsibilities
- Brand Strategist:
- Lead the development and final creation of client brand strategies, which includes robust psychographic, competitive landscape/ market landscape and cultural research created in collaboration with our research team
- Leverage brand strategy for strategic recommendations in product, UX, operations, etc.
- Thought Driven Analysis and Teamwork:
- Work with our research team to develop and execute in-depth user interviews, manage our in-house statistical analysis and large-scale surveys
- Define the insights and trends that we build our brands against
- Help develop the Concept Bureau approach and assist in expanding our brand
- Client Management:
- Analyze insights and signals for unique, market-making opportunities that hide beneath the surface of a space
- Build, write and present well-communicated strategies to executives that employ defensible positioning, competitive advantage, brand identity and voice, tactics and provide a logical framework for future brand growth
- Provide clients with a clear vision of future trends in numerous categories that can be leveraged for the brand strategy
Skills and qualities we’re Looking For
- 3-6 years of experience as a brand strategist or similar role in an agency or company
- Excellent knowledge of the brand landscape and experience creating sophisticated, data-driven brand strategies over a 3-5 year horizon
- Culturally tapped into both past trends and emerging trends in the market, in consumer behavior, etc.
- Exceptional research and analysis skills, and can translate data and insights into strong strategies
- Excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills. These are all critical in our agency and you will be guiding the C-suite in public companies and heavily funded startups.
- Strong sense of storytelling, framework mapping and knowledge of insights-driven creative solutions
- Ambitious attitude to deliver out of the box ideas
- A positive and collaborative spirit that keeps the team motivated
- Graduate degree
- Experience in cultural strategy, trend forecasting or behavioral research and insights
- Background/ work in psychology, sociology, anthropology, futurism or related field
We offer competitive pay, full medical/ dental/ vision benefits, 20+ days PTO per year, L&D budget, and a collaborative team environment.