We’re a boutique brand strategy agency looking for a Full Time Brand Strategist to serve our portfolio of clients at Concept Bureau. As a Brand Strategist in our group, you will be responsible for research, development and final brand strategy deliverables in close collaboration with the team and the client. You will be trained in our research-based frameworks and systems, but we also expect you to be an integral part of helping us improve and expand our approach, which is something we are always doing. More than just building brands, our work is to push forward the very practice of brand building for our clients and wider audience.
The right person for this role has an intimate understanding of brand strategy, culture, subculture, consumer behavior and the market. If you are someone that doesn’t just care that a brand strategy works, but also needs to understand how and why it works, we encourage you to apply.
We’re looking for preferably an LA-based team member (although we are open to non-LA based) who will work remote but is still available for in-person team meetings in the future. We offer competitive salary, full benefits and a collaborative team environment.
(*) Please note we go through every application so be sure to read this post carefully and include a cover letter that helps us understand how your experience relates to our needs below. If you have any links to previous work, writing/ thinking, side projects or examples of brand strategy projects, please include those as well.
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lead the development and final creation of client brand strategies, which includes robust psychographic, competitive and market/ cultural research
- Define the insights and trends that we build our brands against
- Develop and execute in-depth user interviews, manage our in-house statistical analysis and large-scale surveys
- Analyze insights and signals for unique, market-making opportunities that hide beneath the surface of a space
- Find creative solutions to tough problems in crowded, nascent or otherwise competitive categories
- Build, write and present well-communicated strategies to executives and provide a logical framework for future brand growth
- Manage and collaborate with junior strategy team, user research, and executive team in getting brand strategy deliverables to the finish line
- Help develop the Concept Bureau approach and assist in expanding the Concept Bureau brand
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience as a brand strategist or similar role in an agency or company
- Culturally tapped in
- Exceptionally well-versed in social
- Excellent research and analysis skills
- Excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills. These are all critical in our agency and you will be guiding the c-suite in public companies and heavily funded startups.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative research skills. Ability to analyze data for second-order insights.
- Strong sense of storytelling, framework mapping and knowledge of insights-driven creative solutions
- Ambitious attitude to deliver out of the box ideas, who knows how to win over trust and enthusiasm from clients
- A positive and collaborative spirit that keeps the team motivated
- Graduate degree
- Experience in cultural strategy or trend forecasting
- Background/ work in psychology, sociology or anthropology