We’re a boutique brand strategy agency looking for a Full Time Market and Culture Researcher to serve our portfolio of clients at Concept Bureau. As the Market and Culture Researcher in our group, you will be responsible for extensive research, ideation, and creation of strategy deliverables in close collaboration with the team and the client. This includes both conducting primary qualitative and quantitative research with our clients’ customers and target audiences, as well as in-depth secondary research of market trends, competitive dynamics and cultural movements.
You will be trained in our research-based frameworks and systems, but we also expect you to be an integral part of helping us improve and expand our approach, which is something we are always doing. More than just building brands, our work directly impacts a client’s product roadmap, operations and org structure, user experience, sales and so on. Our goal is to elevate and push forward the very practice of strategy building for our clients and wider audience.
Who YOU are
The right person for this role will be extremely well-versed in quantitative and qualitative research methods, including 1:1 interviewing and survey design and analysis. You aren’t just an interviewer but intuitively use your social intelligence to ask the hard questions while being approachable. You’re fascinated with emerging trends and have the desire to learn why they are happening in our culture. You are insanely curious when researching, organizing and distilling large amounts of primary and secondary data to find compelling patterns, and make strong arguments for the direction that a market, consumer segment, or culture is headed. This means being able to find information in areas that are unknown and not obvious to everyone else. You have a strong instinct for pulling on threads that are invisible to the rest of us. If you have the desire to use your research to inspire and develop futuristic insight for our next client then keep reading!
In a perfect world you would be based in LA, but we know that amazing researchers are everywhere so you must be able to work within our time zone.
Links to give you a better idea of our thinking and approach:
Some of your Responsibilities
- Research Management and Strategist:
- Design and conduct high quality primary research studies – both qualitative and quantitative – to uncover hidden attitudes and beliefs and deepen our understanding of spaces and consumers
- Must be proficient in Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey and other common research tools
- Conduct in-depth secondary research of market trends in multiple consumer and B2B categories, pulling from a vast array of resources to find strong themes and patterns
- Manage and execute all study incentives, and collect reimbursement data for billings. Conduct predictive analysis about where a space or consumer is headed in the next 3-5 years.
- Collaboration and Development:
- Develop consistent research methodologies and processes that allow for collaboration among the team
- Work with the larger team to fine-tune insights around brand trends, competitive forces, and user psychographics
- Define the tone of Concept Bureau research and thought leadership by presenting engaging analysis and findings on market/ brand/ culture trends and data
- Client Strategy and Process:
- Develop compellingly written research and insights presentation materials, and independently present findings to client leadership teams
- Collect and consolidate qualitative/ quantitative intelligence on consumers, competitors and the market into actionable recommendations for clients
- Constantly be learning about culture, psychology, human behavior, and market dynamics in order to advance the team’s understanding in strategy, and propel the quality of our client work forward
Skills and qualities we’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience as a researcher, analyst or similar role
- Experience designing qualitative discussion guides and conducting in-depth interviews that go beyond surface level insights to uncover hidden motivators
- Knowledge of survey design and analysis best practices and experience designing questionnaires, conducting surveys, and analyzing survey data
- Familiarity with market research panels and best practices for sample design
- Ability to take large amounts of data, find compelling patterns, and make strong arguments for the direction that a market, consumer segment, or culture is headed
- Excellent presenter and strong, persuasive writer – these are critical
- Culturally tapped in
- Excellent research and analysis skills
- Creative thinker, strong collaborator, and positive spirit
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Proven ability to take the initiative on projects